It’s funny how science fiction universes so often treat humans as a boring, default everyman species or even the weakest and dumbest.
I’ll never understand people who don’t drink alcohol
Maybe they know what alcohol can do to people, maybe they fear liver failure, maybe they had a family member or friend that died from an alcohol related accident, maybe they don’t feel the need or desire to drink, it’s really not that hard to comprehend.
Or maybe they just don’t like it
And if you do is anything going to come of it anyway
That pretty much sums it up.
Mr Rogers Facts.
I loved Mr. Rogers, he was one of the most amazing parts of my childhood.
AND CALVIN IS WITH THE GIRL THAT HATED HIM ASFHAGS
im crying a lil bit
I need this in my tumblr forever.
is anyone gonna talk about how his kids name is bacon???
HE’S WITH SUZIE THAT WAS MY CHILDHOOD OTP
..this is real.
who names their kid bacon
Calvin and Hobbes were Reformation-era philosophers, as was Frances Bacon. I’m better his daughter’s name is actually Frances, but he calls her by the appropriate last name of the philosopher, just as Calvin and Hobbes are last names.
OH THE FEELS! THE ABSOLUTE FEELS!
OH MY GOD. OH MY GOD. OH. MY. GAAAAAAAAAWD.
I’M FREKING OUT
This is far too adorable not to reblog. Calvin & Hobbes live!
I love my First Lady
Can you please tell her to tell her husband to stop killing muslims? Thanks
literally all she does is try to make the country “healthy” by giving students shitty school lunches like please do something else and help your husband fix the economy! *goes awf*
Imma need y’all to learn how the United States Government works. You don’t have to like her or the president but learn that they do not makes the decisions, they really do not have very much power, the president does not have the power to just snap his fingers and make shit happen or change things. You have to have 2/3 vote from congress to take a shit, let alone do anything having to do with government. The entire government was set up to make sure that exact thing could never happen, that is why there are 3 branches and that little thing called checks and balances.
In fact let me just break this down for y’all right here.
- President has 2 OFFICIAL jobs, Commander and Chief of the Armed Forces, but he only controls a limited amount of the funding for those troops (enough for 90 to 120 days) to engage these troops in combat. He CANNOT just declare war. only congress can declare war. The second, Accountant over the Federal Budget.
- He also is responsible for creating and balancing the national budget, but everything has to be approved by congress with a 2/3 vote.
- He signs bills into law, can veto them as well, however congress can override his veto.
- He assigns judges to the Supreme court, with the senates approval.
- He assigns foreign ambassadors, with the senates approval.
- he creates his own cabinet for people to research into areas that he might not have the time to, these are the only people who do not have to get approval from senate
- congress is made up of 535 people (100 senators 435 HoR) for any of them to come to 1 agreement has only happened once in the history of this country, and that was to go into WWII, and even that the house voted 434 to one (1st woman house of Representative she was from Maine too, she voted against WW1 and 2) and the judicial branch can call anything unconstitutional and kill it as well.
and if you think i’m lying you can literally google this shit in 2 seconds.
That tea is delicious
SAY THAT SHIT AGAIN!
I often wonder if people realize that if the president could decide things by just snapping his fingers it wouldn’t be democracy??? but dictatorship??? like???
I swear it’s like no one took government in high school. god damn.
"took government in high school"???? is that a real thing or were you joking?…….
Why would it be a joke? I was required by state law to take a U.S. Government class to graduate HS. Now people wanna try and talk politics but don’t even know basic shit like how the system works.
Lions Save Kidnapped Girl
if lions are coming to rescue someone, you have to know what you’re doing is wrong. you know, in that moment before you’re torn in to tiny little pieces by said lions
apparently its been proven that animals will react to the cries of children regardless of what child it is. like wolves will react to human baby cries and even deer will react to human baby cries. they’ll try to find the child to help it. its some motherly instinct thing that all mammals share or something like that.
im not sure where i heard this but i think it was from psychology book my friend was reading.
There was one little boy who fell into the gorilla pen at a zoo and he just laid there and cried and this HUGE alpha male gorilla (or whatever the dominant gorilla is called) went over and actually stood watch over the little boy to make sure none of the other gorillas attacked him.
It has to be a mammal (deer won’t react to baby birds, for example) but yes this is true ^^
so basically it’s the same reaction we get when we see baby mammals
Ferguson protesters take their message to the Rams game!
Monday, October 13th
This is SO amazing and important! Critiquing the capitalistic exploitation and dehumanization of Black athletes in order to entertain and deepen the pockets of white people is such a great way of discussing why Black people only matter when they benefit white people/ the white gaze but are so easily disposable off the field/court/arena. And even then, to what extent are Black athletes appreciated when sports leagues will still use Black people to be the face of violence when it’s convenient to deter criticism of rape culture & misogyny in sports, white athletes, and the white men in power.